Friday 11 March 2016

International-Blog-Highlight-Theme

I have been lucky enough to be able to participate in an International Blog Highlight that Kylie Bertucci has organised. Thanks so much Kylie!!

The theme is Thank You and only current Stampin' Up!® products are used.

YOU are the judges! Everyone gets an opportunity to vote on their favourites (choose me, choose me).....hahaha!

As some of you may know, I am hosting a beyondblue Bash on 1st May to raise funds and awareness of how common depression and associated issues are, and how difficult sufferers find it to cope with. You can get more information here: https://beyondbluebashcommunity.everydayhero.com/au/deb

Because I was aware that Stampin' Up!® will donate to some charitable causes, I approached them to donate to my beyondblue Bash. They agreed and I was expecting a couple of card kits or some old DSP etc. to use as prizes. A few days later, I received a large boxful of product - I couldn't believe my eyes! What a wonderful company to be associated with!!! They really do put their money where their mouth is!

I wanted to send a thankyou card to them and because of the name of the cause I wanted to use blue as a main colour. I started searching on Pinterest for inspiration and I found a card by Kathryn Mangelsdorf (www.klm55.blogspot.com.au) that caught my eye.

Using Kathryn's card for a starting point, my card was born!

I started with Night of Navy card base and added a first layer of Tempting Turquoise.

Next I cut out the small rose with Rose Garden Thinlits Dies in Night of Navy and then twice more using Pacific Point and Tempting Turquoise from the Brights DSP stack.

Using Garden Green, I cut two leaf stems with the die from Rose Garden Thinlits and again cut out two more using Cucumber Crush and Mint Macaron from the 2015-2017 In-Colours DSP stack.

I glued the outline of the rose and leaves to Whisper White cardstock using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Then I used the DSP cut-outs and randomly placed them in the rose and leaf frames, also using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.

Because the arrival of the box from Stampin' Up!® had made my day (blew me out of the water, actually!) I had to use the stamp from A Dozen Thoughts and inked it in Pacific Point. The Thanks was inked in Night of Navy and was from Cottage Greetings.

If you would like to vote and/or see the other cards, click here!



Until next time!

Deb


20 comments:

  1. How lovely using the Designer Series Paper with this thinlit Deb! Thank you for taking part in our international blog highlight and making it such a success! All the best with the voting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic card and story Deb! I wish you all the best with your fundraising. It's a very worthy cause. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read it Gail! It is a worthy cause! Thanks!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card and all for a good cause. I just love the DSP you used, reminds me of spring blossoms origami print, symbol of renewal - just love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Juan for your lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stampin Up really are the best! Good luck with your fundraising, hope it's a great success

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card and the 'inkspiration' behind it. All the best for your fundraising for this very worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Lou! Stampin' Up! are very good at inkspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....this is such a great idea....Good luck with your fundraising

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Deb! Beautiful blues ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card looks like patchwork! Divine! D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!