Tuesday 4 February 2020

Kylie's International Blog Highlight February 2020




This month the theme is: Thank You!

When I was trying to decide what to make for this blog hop, I noticed a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock laying on the table with a Stitched Star die cut out on one side. As it was about the size of a card front I had two main options: either use it for other die cuts or make it the card front.

Guess which I chose to do??........lol

As it was the size of a card front and I wanted a border around it, I decided to cut it down. I cut 0.5cm off the long edge and then thought about what I was going to put behind the cut out. I had an off cut of Noble Peacock Foil Sheets in Pretty Peacock and so the decision was made! I decided to use Tombow Multi Liquid Glue to attach the foil to the back of the Whisper White card stock. As my glue was nearly empty I had to just about shake my arm off to get it to flow, so while adhering the foil, I also added the glue to the rest of the Whisper White card stock! When that glue is nearly empty you just keep on adding it when it IS working!!

Now I had a quandary! I had wanted to cut off another 0.5cm along the short edge but now it had glue all over it I couldn't! I had also been thinking that I would have the Whisper White layer mounted on dimensionals......whoopsy!! Unless I wanted to waste it all, it had to be stuck down - so my card layout was born!

Add a couple of stamps in Memento Black - one from By the Dock and one from Music from the Heart - some bling in the way of sequins and the card was done!







On the inside I stamped the flowers from Special Someone and coloured them with our watercolour pencils.

The stamp sets I used for this card came from the January-June 2020 Mini Catalogue. 

Making mistakes can help make a good card. So, don't worry about making mistakes, just go with the flow and let the universe help you make your card!!!


Measurements for card front

Basic Black card base 29.8cm x 10.5cm
Noble Peacock Foil Sheet 9cm x 9cm adhered directly to Whisper White layer
Whisper White layer 10cm x 14.9cm adhered directly to card base

Measurements for card inside

Whisper White layer 14cm x 10cm adhered directly to inside card base


If you liked my card (or story) please vote for me by clicking on the link below:


Don't forget to check out all the other fabulous cards and blogs too!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and if you are in Australia you can purchase any of these products from me by clicking on the link https://debmacdowell.stampinup.net or if you already have a demonstrator, contact them.


Cheers
Deb xx



Product List

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!