Tuesday 12 May 2020

Floating Gate Fold Card May 2020








Thank you for joining us for our Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator Monthly Training Program Blog Hop! We are so happy that you could join us today for this blog hop for ideas and creative inspiration. We are a group of Stampin' Up!® Demonstrators from around the world that are taking part in training that is helping us to build a successful Stampin' Up!® business and reach some goals we have set. We really appreciate your support.

Whether you are starting here or have come from another blog, there is a link list below this post to all of the blogs.

Please take the time to check out all the inspirational ideas that are available and leave a comment as a way of showing your support.


Many thanks to Dawn Griffith of Dawn's Stamping Thoughts for her video technique for a Floating Gate Fold card (https://youtu.be/1aU7DknzwZI) which I used as my inspiration this month!

Such a fun card to make and so many different possibilities! For this card I used:

Card Base:        Mint Macaron 21cm x 14.8cm scored at 5.25cm and 15.75cm

1st Layer:         Pretty Peacock 14.5cm x 4.75cm (x4) and 14.5cm x 10cm (x1)

2nd Layer:        Vellum 14cm x 4.25cm (x4) and
                        Whisper White 14cm x 9.5cm





I embossed the vellum with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing Folder and attached with Tombow.

TIP:     When attaching vellum apply Tombow with a sponge evenly over the whole piece (not like I did, just squirted around the edges) and it won't show.




I used the Ornate Layers die with Pretty Peacock as a background for my front piece of Whisper White 5.5cm x 9cm.

On the inside my floating strip is Whisper White 13cm x 2.5cm scored at 2.5cm, 8cm and 10.5cm (x2).

I stamped my images on Whisper White and then die cut them with Stitched Shapes (approx. 4cm circle). Then using approx 4.5cm scalloped circle in Mint Macaron and 5cm plain circle in Pretty Peacock from Layered Circle dies.

Here's my first effort using Special Someone stamp set and retired DSP.

TIP:        Make sure the shape you use on the inside is large enough to cover most of the strip (between the folds) used to make it 'float'!




You are on my page - Deb Macdowell - Inkstability - Australia. Please take the time to visit all the other inspirational projects. Simply click on the links below.



Product List


Cheers
Deb xx



23 comments:

  1. Super cute!! The squirrels certainly made me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Deb! I love this card fold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! It's a fun fold to make - so many options!! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh Deb this is so clever. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun fold! Both of your cards are so lovely, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great design ideas, Deb! I may have to borrow it soon -- thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen that fun fold before. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are awesome Deb! Thank you for taking part in our Demonstrator Training Support Program this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun fold! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Fun Fold cards!😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards Deb-such an eye catching fold!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was looking for this type of card, but then with measurements in centimeters and your blog came up ;o)
    Going to try it out, thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!