Thursday 12 November 2020

Poinsettia Petals

 



On Tuesday I was able to hold a Techniques Class face to face for the first time since the second wave of COVID-19 struck in Victoria. So lovely to catch up in person again!

Originally I was holding these classes monthly and we were doing two different techniques but I am now holding the classes fortnightly and only teaching one technique as we talk too much to get through two!!

The card we made was a Centre Easel Card.

Card Measurements

Card base:    21cm x 14.9cm scored at 10.5cm
1st layer:      14.5cm x 10cm (x 2)
DSP:            10cm x 3cm (x 2) & 7.4cm x 5cm



Instructions

Score card base at 10.5cm then cut between score line and left edge of card at 3.5cm from top edge and again at 3.5cm from bottom edge (see diagram above). Next score 5.25cm from left edge of card between the two cuts (this will form the easel).

Emboss one of the 1st layer pieces which will become the inside of the card. I used a retired embossing folder called Holly. The righthand half of the card will have one embossed 1st layer on the top and one not embossed on the bottom. The two 3.5cm flaps will be glued down on top of the embossed layer on the righthand side (make sure both the edges align with the righthand half edges).

Next glue the 10cm x 3cm DSP  pieces to the two 3.5cm flaps. Then glue the 7.4cm x 5cm piece of DSP to the easel section closest to the original 10.5cm score line.

Decorate your easel section that has no DSP as you would like. Add a sentiment punched out of scrap and attach with dimensionals (this will hold your card open in the easel position).

I hope these instructions make sense as I found it very difficult to explain clearly. Please contact me if you need clarification.




Here are a few more that I made.





Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog. I hope you enjoyed my cards today, please let me know in the comments below.

Cheers

Deb xx



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!