Wednesday 10 February 2021

Ornate Style Bleach Technique

 


I love re-visiting some of the techniques that I learnt years ago. I forget how good they are!

So today I re-visited the bleach technique. You need an outline stamp that you've heat embossed for this technique and it works best on dark coloured card stock. I chose to use my water painter filled with liquid bleach but you could easily put some in a small dish and use a normal paintbrush. The more you put on each section, the lighter it gets. Different card stocks all react differently, so experiment and have fun!!




Card Measurements

Card base:    21cm x 14.9cm scored at 10.5cm and folded

1st layer:    14.5cm x 10cm

Inner layer:    14.5cm x 10cm

Scrap for sentiment

Instructions

  • Stamp image in versamark on 1st layer
  • Add embossing powder to image on 1st layer and heat
  • Paint image using bleach (the more layers the lighter it gets)
  • Adhere 1st layer to front of card base using dimensionals
  • Stamp sentiment on scrap
  • Using a blending brush, colour sentiment
  • Adhere sentiment to 1st layer using dimensionals
  • Stamp image on inner layer
  • Adhere inner layer to inside back of card base



I hope you have enjoyed your visit to the past with the bleach technique!

Cheers
Deb xx


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!