Monday 1 March 2021

Enjoy the Moment Oh So Ombre

 



Even when you have been making cards for quite a long time (years) there is still no guarantee that you will get it right! I often say the best cards come from a mistake but in this instance the opposite is true! Sometimes a mistake is just that!

I have chosen to show this card anyway as nobody is perfect. Normally I would have made another one but this time I thought I would show you the 'mistake'. 

When you don't let your glue dry properly (even after warning others to make sure they do) you end up with embossing powder in places you don't want it on your card. To me this looks like there is heaps of pollen in the air (my preferred excuse 😜) or there is a swarm of midges! The other thing I did wrong was holding the card with the strips horizontal when tipping the embossing powder on which allows the embossing powder to stick to the joins more easily.



Card Measurements

Card base:    29.7cm x 10.5cm scored at 14.9cm and folded

1st layer:    14.5cm x 10cm

2nd layer:    14cm x 9.5cm

3rd layer:    15.2cm x 15.2cm cut into 1cm strips

Inner layer:    14.5cm x 10cm

Pre-made sentiment from Many Messages stamp set and Messages die

Instructions

  • Adhere 1cm strips to 2nd layer alternating their direction
  • Trim excess strips from 2nd layer
  • Stamp image/s using versamark on 3rd layer (strips)
  • Add embossing powder and heat set
  • Adhere 2nd layer to 1st layer
  • Adhere 1st layer to front of card base
  • Adhere spare strip to right hand side of inner layer
  • Adhere inner layer to inside back of card base
  • Adhere sentiment using dimensionals



Are you brave enough to show me your card 'mistakes'? Add a picture of your card 'mistake' to the comments! 

Thanks for popping by.

Cheers
Deb xx


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!