Tuesday 14 September 2021

Artistically Timeworn

 



Today is my last hop with:




The theme is:    Thank You


I have had 3 fantastic years of friendship and learning with this wonderful program Kylie & Bruno Bertucci have designed. Thank you both, so much! You are such special people and I have been so lucky to be able to learn from two of the best! Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise - you guys give from the heart and it is really appreciated!


I think it's time for me to 'leave the nest'! My aim has been to increase my knowledge so I could be a better team leader and demonstrator. I know I can go back and check out any of the online lessons and increase my knowledge further (or refresh anything I have forgotten). This makes me feel like I have a really secure safety net and increases my confidence to 'go it alone'! I know I will really miss being part of the group but I'm sure I will continue to be grateful for having joined!




Today's card is a fun fold I saw Beth McCulloch make on YouTube - https://youtu.be/aJnpVodNtFY

It's a slightly different 'Z' fold and you need to make sure your DSP is kept in the original order of cutting (I numbered mine on the back as I cut them). Also make sure you keep the top at the top! (Go on, ask me how I know?)!!




Card Measurements


Card base:    21cm x 14.9cm scored at 3.4cm and 10.5cm

1st layer:    a) 14.5cm x 6.8cm   b) 14.5cm x 3cm   c) 14.5cm x 5.4cm

2nd layer:    14.5cm x 4cm

Inner layer:    14.5cm x 4.5cm

Die cut:    10.5cm x 10.5cm

Scrap for sentiment and matting




Instructions


  • Fold card base at 3.4cm (mountain fold) and 10.5cm (valley fold)
  • Adhere 1st layer a) to left edge of 3.4cm mountain fold (leaving an even border on top, left and bottom). This will cover the right hand edge of 2nd layer and also inner layer
  • Adhere 1st layer b) to 0.25cm left of 10.5cm valley fold
  • Adhere 1st layer c) to 0.25cm right of 10.5cm valley fold
  • Adhere 2nd layer to back of card base (behind 1st layer b))
  • Adhere inner layer to inside right hand edge of card base (between 1st layer c) and outer edge of card, leaving an even border all around)
  • Adhere die cut to 1st layer a) using glue dots
  • Stamp sentiment on scrap
  • Fussy cut sentiment
  • Adhere sentiment to matting
  • Fussy cut matting
  • Adhere matted sentiment to 1st layer a) using dimensionals
  • Colour rhinestones using stampin' blend
  • Adhere coloured rhinestones to front of card




I hope you have found something to inspire you on my page - Deb Macdowell - Inkstability! There will definitely be heaps of inspiration on the following blogs - just click on the links!




Thanks for taking the time to stop by my page.

Cheers
Deb xx


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Aw we are going to miss you Deb! Thanks for your inspiration over the past three years. Another lovely card today and thanks for the tip to number the back of the DSP. Thank you for taking part in your final Demonstrator Training Blog Hop this month! And all the best! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card! Yours are always so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love this stamp bundle and DSP.
    Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Deb, love a pretty fun fold x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. And good luck 😀

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Deb, I love this paper and I love how you've cut it and kept the pattern, yes I see why numbering is important :)
    The gold flower is sensational!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!