Thursday 31 March 2016

Card for Technique Class

Hello!

Today I knew I had to sit down and prepare for some of the classes I have coming up this month and next. The one that was giving me the most grief was a second card for our technique class.

I went on Pinterest to get some inspiration and saw a card by a stamper called Gery. I loved the look of it and thought it would make a great technique!! The website is http://stampingismagic.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/life.html so many thanks to Gery for her wonderful card and website!!

I'm not sure what to call this technique as I don't think the way I have done it is how Gery did it, but I am thinking Sponged Circle would be a good name :)

First, I cut my Whisper White cardstock to 14cm x 28cm and folded it in half. I cut a second piece of cardstock to 14cm x 14cm and cut a circle out using the third larges plain circle from Circles Collection - Framelits (I think it is about 8cm across). A little bit of repositionable tape (I still have some dotto, so I used that, but you could use the two way glue and wait until it dries before using) on the back of the 14cm x 14cm piece of cardstock and attached it to the card as a mask. Then using the cut circle as my template (making sure that you always move it from the same position - ie. have it touching the outside of the circle in the same spot each time you reposition it) I sponged the different colours.

I have made 3 cards using different colours (thought it may be a good idea if not everyone was waiting for the same colour in class) :) I am really happy with the way they have turned out and they were lots of fun to make too!

What do you think??













Thanks for looking!!

Until next time

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!