Monday 26 October 2020

Beauty Abounds



Today and tomorrow I am highlighting the 'Bubble' Technique.

This is a super fun technique and really easy (if perhaps a little messy). 

I saw this technique demonstrated recently by Melva Peters (thanks Melva!) and knew I just had to try it!

Requirements for this technique:

A cup with water 10-20ml

Dishwashing detergent 2-3 drops

Re-inker (or could use food colouring) 5-10 drops depending on how dark you want it

A straw

Light coloured cardstock (I used Whisper White)

Method:

Add the dishwashing detergent and re-inker to the water. Stir carefully with straw until all mixed.

Use the straw to blow bubbles in the mixture until they come up over the top (but hopefully not down over the sides) the lay cardstock over the top (being careful to not touch top of cup or you will end up with a ring - ask how I know 😂😂😂). Repeat until you have covered your cardstock. 

Play with the size of the bubbles, the amount of breath you use, how fast or slow you blow etc. These things will all change the look of your creation! This is the adult version of blowing bubbles that I think we all enjoyed as children (and speaking for myself, I haven't grown out of)!

Anyway, the main thing is to have fun with it!





When you have finished you can use it as background for your card. Let me know any other ways you have come up with for using it! 

Card Measurements

Card base:    14.8cm x 21cm

1st layer:    10.5cm x 14.5cm

2nd layer:    10cm x 14cm

There will be a list of product used at the end of this post.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. As usual, please share any photos of cards (or other things) made using this technique in the comments below.

Cheers

Deb xx


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!