Thursday 22 October 2020

Dragonfly Garden

 



Don't you just love the way the creative thought process works? Today I was just clearing some of my leftovers from the last few cards when I noticed that the Brushed Metallic Cardstock I had used to cut out the letters for THANKS for my Quite Curvy card (Tuesday 20 October 2020) was sitting on top of some Bumblebee cardstock. Inspiration struck! The negative Thanks looked good with colour showing through it! Then I found a piece of our Rainbow Glimmer Paper that was about the same size as the Brushed Metallic Cardstock and tried that underneath...........colours chosen! 

So........I wanted to play with Dragonfly Garden a bit more (shhh....new stamp set that won't be available until January 2021) and thought the dragonfly would look good with multi-coloured wings.




I stamped the dragonfly image in VersaMark and Jet Black StazOn and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I used Stampin' Write Markers to colour the wings. Finally added some clear Wink of Stella and voila! Added one of the super cute ladybug trinkets (also not available until January 2021) and a few epoxy droplets and the card was done!



Is this how you create? Where do you get your best ideas from? Let me know in the comments below!

Card Measurements

Card base:  29.8cm x 10.5cm

1st layer:  14.5cm x 10cm

2nd layer:  14.2cm x 9.7cm


Product List

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog. Come back tomorrow for another card!


Cheers

Deb xx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!