Thursday 27 May 2021

Sweet Suite - IIBH May

 



Today I am hopping with Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop for the first time!




The theme for this hop is:    Sweet Suite

Now you would think that this should be a really easy theme as all you have to do is choose any current suite and highlight it, but not for me! My middle name should be 'indecision'!! 😜

I really struggled to chose between Pansy Petals Suite, Simply Elegant Suite, Expressions In Ink Suite and Hand-Penned Suite! They are all my favourite!!!

Anyway, Pansy Petals Suite ended up being the one I chose. I hope you enjoy my Sweet Suite card!




Card Measurements

Card base:    21cm x 14.9cm scored at 10.5cm and folded

1st layer:    14.5cm x 10cm

2nd layer:    9cm x 7.5cm

3rd layer:    8.5cm x 7cm

Inner layer:    14.5cm x 10cm

Scrap for sentiment and matting

Instructions

  • Adhere ribbon to 1st layer
  • Adhere 1st layer to front of card base
  • Die cut flowers and leaves from DSP
  • Adhere 2 flowers and 2 leaves to 3rd layer
  • Adhere flower and leaf to 3rd layer using dimensionals
  • Adhere 3rd layer to 2nd layer
  • Adhere 2nd layer to 1st layer using dimensionals
  • Stamp sentiment on scrap
  • Adhere sentiment to matting
  • Adhere matted sentiment to front of card
  • Adhere bumblebee to sentiment using glue dot
  • Adhere 1 large and 2 small flowers and 2 leaves to inner layer
  • Adhere inner layer to inside back of card base



Front of Pansy Petals DSP


Back of Pansy Petals DSP


Flower dies that match Pansy Petals DSP


Leaf dies that match Pansy Petals DSP

I hope the projects you've seen here on my blog today have inspired you & brightened your day. You are currently visiting Deb Macdowell - Inkstability. Please see the list below & hop through all of the people on the list to see all our projects. You don't want to miss any!"





Cheers

Deb xx



Product List

20 comments:

  1. I struggled with which suite to pick too! Love your pansy card, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra! I hate making decisions!! :)

      Delete
  2. Love your Pansy card Deb. Welcome to the design team x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card Deb. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Deb, thank you for sharing! ❤️Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb, I think you made an excellent choice. I really like your color combo and the background paper but the touch of the bumblebee was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! I double checked what came with the suite, so therefore the bumblebee was added! :)

      Delete
  6. Love all the knotted ribbon on your sweet pansy card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I haven't done knots on the front for ages, they used to be all the go! :)

      Delete
  7. Very pretty Deb. I love that you can die cut from the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! Die cutting from the DSP is definitely a bonus! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! There is so much pretty to see here. I have to say, I love your ribbon technique. That looks fantastic on this card. Great tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely soft, delicate card Deb, love this suite x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog, it is most appreciated!